Thursday, May 15, 2008

The Magic Machine


So what if I had a machine I could market. Say you have a garden plot. My magic machine weeds it, then tills it up, then fertilizes it. It doesn't use fossil fuels, is economical, and as a by-product it produces.... eggs! Hubby fenced off our new garden plot yesterday and we've been putting the chickens in there every afternoon. They go to town eating the weeds, scratching it all up and fertilizing like crazy. I can't wait to start planting!

By the way, the only thing funnier than running around trying to round up your chickens to get them into the darned garden plot (my wonderful plan of throwing food scraps in there didn't work because the dingbats just walked around outside the fence, ignoring the enormous entrance by which they could get access to the food scraps!) is watching your kid carrying a chicken under each arm! These gals are way too tame.

No comments: