Tuesday, May 20, 2008

A Canvassing We Will Go

Though it was approximately a million and one degrees outside, Miss Asa and I went doorknocking for Obama the other evening. Now this is something I've never done in my adult life. I guess there hasn't been a candidate in recent memory that I was all that excited about. The Democrats have been so wishy-washy in my lifetime (except for Carter, who I wholeheartedly loved, but I was ten at the time, and Gore who didn't grow his cojones until after the election was over) that I just couldn't muster up the energy to go out and canvas for them.

But Mr. Obama is different and we were excited to go and help get out the vote, make sure people have turned in their ballots and help this election go along. We're all excited to see how things go today. I don't think there's any doubt that Obama will lead here in our town (at least not judging by the unofficial lawn sign pool), but of course we're all still crossing our fingers about the rest of his Democratic nomination journey.

No comments: