Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Just Me and My Peeps

I have to smile whenever I hear someone use the word "peeps" these days (as slang for friends) because that's what I've always called our baby chicks. I had this wonderful idea to get out one of our Easter basket, pile all of our peeps into it, and take a cute photo with the kids on the lawn. Unfortunately, the peeps had other ideas and they all popped out of the basket, and ran around the lawn with subsequent pandemonium ensuing as we tried to gather them all back up (the little boogers are fast already!) But we did manage to take this photo while each holding one of them. I have no idea how those professional photographers get pictures of babies with bunnies and cute little fluffy chicks. Maybe drug them? I don't know, maybe our chicks are more active than the standard photographic fare, but it was fun anyhow.

No comments: